Bullitt's Bros

Sunday, December 21, 2008

To a girl who really likes Netflix. She mentioned it like 3 times.

I enjoyed reading your profile. I was particularly drawn to your interest in Netflix. It's not commonly know due to the web 2.0 connotation of its moniker, but Netflix was actually named after my grandfather, Netto Flix. Netto came from the old country of Lithuania with only two things - an idea for a movie delivery service and a plan to run a clone of Abraham Lincoln for president. Though Netto spent all his time and fortune on the latter idea, it was the former that captured the attention of a young Marc Randolph who befriended my grandfather, got him drunk on gin, then bludgeoned him to death with a bowling pin and stole the plan. In a moment of awkward regret, Marc named the company after the man from whom he stole the idea for its inception.

Also, I like those red wrappers.

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home