Bullitt's Bros

Thursday, September 25, 2008

B's true Mom Stories: Repetition

I worry that I do this now. Yet if I did, I'd never notice.

I was talking to mom tonight about living in Los Angeles, which is where I live now.

She pointed out to me that I left a TV back in my home town.

Mom: it looks good. How much was it?
Me: $400.
Mom: Wow, where did you get it?
Me: eBay.
Mom: Oh, eBay! For how much?

This reminds me of a Dadecdote that I neglected to tell you.

Recently, I noticed that my car has a dent on the back. Thing is, I'm not responsible for this dent--it used to be my mom's car, and it was dented under her care. So I called her up to ask her what happened.

Mom: Oh, I don't know. You should ask your father.
Dad (already on the phone, silently listening in, like a stalker): It happened at ... the auto ... dealer.
Me: Oh? What happened?
Dad: I received a notice. I took the car in to fix a problem. They fixed the problem. But they dented the car.
Mom: Oh! Why didn't you have them do something?
Dad: I told you, I got a notice!
Mom: What?
Dad: I received a notice. I took the car to the dealer to fix a problem. It was fixed. But during its fixing, they dented the car.
Mom: But why didn't you tell them to fix the dent??
Dad: I told you, I received a notice!

I worry that I do this now. Yet if I did, I'd never notice.

1 Comments:

  • Yes! Just the sort of thing I've been waiting for. And I should say that I don't think you do it, at least unintentionally, anyway.

    By Blogger TP, at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home