Bullitt's Bros

Monday, January 21, 2008

Some jokes from mom

Mom called me just now--12:37--to tell me some jokes. The first joke went, "there are these two really forgetful, elderly people. The wife says to the husband, "get me some ice cream." The husband says, "okay." She says, "write it down, or you'll forget!" He says, "I don't need to write it down, just tell me!" She says, "fine. I want ice cream. With strawberry sauce! And ... whipped cream!" The man says "fine." She says, "Are you sure you don't want to write it down?" "Positive!" says the man. Then he leaves. Twenty minutes later, he comes back and ..." here mom trails off. "Damn, what happened next?" she ironically wonders. "Oh, I know! He came back with a hamburger and she said "where are the frie"...no! He came back with toast, and ... wait ... oh yes! He came back with toast and she said "where are the eggs!" No, "where is the bacon!""

She waited for me to laugh. I laughed, all right. Not for the reasons she thought.

"I have another joke!" she said. "This elderly ... oh, damn!"

It just got worse from there. I haven't the foggiest idea what that joke was about, but you can bet it was originally crafted in a group effort by Queen Victoria and Lord Clarendon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home