Bullitt's Bros

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Certifiable Confusions

So, in case you didn't know, my mom is a proud birther. Today we had this conversation:

MOM: He's not a citizen because his father wasn't a citizen when he was born. Both your parents have to be American citizens for you to have citizenship.
ME: Wait...so I'm not an American citizen?
MOM: What? No! Uh...wait. Look, it's not...look, he's trying to be president!
ME: Wait...so I can't be president?
MOM: Ha! No! Look, Bobcat, his father wasn't a citizen. He was a student when Obama was born.
ME: But Dad was a student when I was born.
MOM: No, but he was a resident alien.
ME: So your parents have to be resident aliens?
MOM: Look, I don't remember all the things, I'd have to do research, but things changed between then and now. Anyway, why can't he just show the damn certificate?!

I wish he would!

Later on, we talked about what to get my brother for his birthday.

MOM: I think we should get him a gift certificate.
ME: I agree, but we have to be careful that it's a real gift certificate and not a certificate of live gift.

3 Comments:

  • HA! I love it!

    Gimme more! YOu are so quick with the jokes. What's it like being you?

    By Blogger TP, at 12:01 PM  

  • You know, it occurred to me, Dr. P, that the above post was very self-aggrandizing. Your comment just confirmed it.

    Don't worry: I only aggrandize once a year, followed by a prolonged session of scourging.

    THAT's what it's like being me.

    By Blogger Bobcat, at 1:54 PM  

  • Or maybe I should write a post about Ishba'al getting punched in the nuts a lot?

    By Blogger Bobcat, at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home