Bullitt's Bros

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Of Course...

No, I'm not referencing the Jane's Addiction song. I'm talking about Forrest Griffin's upset of Shogun Rua. Of course it happened, because it wasn't supposed to. Upsets are now expected, so when an upset happens, it's not an upset -- it's simply the expected result.

But now that we know this, won't an upset be when a favored guy wins?

This makes my head hurt.

Actually, I can think of a way to resolve this paradox, but that's not the point.

The main reason I write this -- other than to say that Forrest's win over Rua was one of the best MMA viewing experiences I've ever had (Kimo's win over Varelans was also amazing) -- is to highlight this beautiful series of exchanges on the board for morons, Sherdog.com.

In a thread entitled "OFFICIAL: Memorial service for Forrest Griffin", written (of course) before Griffin demolished the quite properly #1 rated Light Heavyweight in the world, the opening post read:

"It was nice knowing Forrest he brought some comedy to the MMA sport. He will be remembered by the TUF noobs as their greatest fighter ever. It is unfortunate that he will be killed in the octagon tommorow [sic]. If you wanna leave your respects for forrest leave a comment for he will soon be departed."

After Forrest's indisputable victory, someone responded, "hahahha boy am i glad i wrote in this thread so it would be easier to find and abuse the TS. whats up now shogun nut huggers lololol!!! who was the guy that said he would eat a baby if shogun lost. i gotta get his number".

This brought the response: "Im going to poop into a hotdog bun and let you eat it for free. I swear I won't even charge you bc your a turd sandwhich!"

Finally, the coup de grace: "Why would a turd sandwich eat another turd sandwich? If I was a turd sandwich I'd probably want some tacos or something."

Classic.

2 Comments:

  • Don't confuse their responses for ignorance... Forrest gained all his strength and endurance with a diet consisting entirely of turd sandwiches.

    In a related story, Randy Couture eats douchenozzles.

    By Blogger Joe, at 5:03 AM  

  • It was such a relief when you showed me the Rudius boards Bobo. I still use Sherdog for the stats page and results if I can't watch a fight, but that's about it.

    I like the fact the the hot dog bun pooper would normally charge for his creation, but for this guy, it's free.

    By Blogger Mikey Y, at 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home