Bullitt's Bros

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Transformers

So I just went to the premier of Transformers. If you have plans on seeing it, I'd recommend opening weekend with a big crowd because while it is fun, it is also unbelievably stupid. Not Dumb and Dumber stupid, Jack Nicholson at the end of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest stupid. It's actually so stupid it makes me worry about my fellow Americans, or at least the opinion Hollywood has of them.

The product placement is also fairly egregious. Creatures from other planets really take to General Motors products as it turns out. If you could turn into any car in the world, your first choice would be a Pontiac Solstice. Right? Right?

After the premier I went to the after party. Wow, color me impressed. Ford vehicles on display and free Burger King for all. I think I saw Josh Duhamel eating chicken fries off of Fergie's belly. It was like Caligula... at a mall. A strip mall.

So if you go, enjoy it... and for God's sake, don't think!

4 Comments:

  • If you ever find yourself with an 8 year old, you will discover that there are some movies that you have to see even if you don't want to. Transformers falls snugly into that category along with Effing Fantastic Four: Rise of the Terrible Acting. I could care less if I see another Michael Bay "film" again, but I have to.

    Of course, along the way there are some pleasent surprises, most notably Bridge to Terabithia. We are going on Tuesday to a 600 seat theater with a 70 foot screen, I'm sure I'll enjoy it on some level.

    By Blogger MRPIGG, at 4:34 PM  

  • Transformers is cool thrill riding sort of movie, but ultimately it's about robots that turn into cars and fight over batteries - it never really had a chance to be Citizen Kane. Pretty dumb, but neat to look at.

    By Blogger BIG, at 6:37 PM  

  • Spiderman 3 was the same way. It didn't give you a moment to think. It was like an attempt at neural energy conservation. Instead of giving you a few seconds to realize Mary Jane was probably upset they forced you to come to this conclusion by having you listen to her freakin sing about it.

    By Blogger Puttin, at 11:36 PM  

  • Joe,

    I am surprised to see you haven't blogged about this yet.
    Hamas TV Kills Mickey Mouse Lookalike

    When I first saw it I actually though the kids on the show beat him to death.

    By Blogger Puttin, at 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home