Bullitt's Bros

Friday, January 05, 2007

The Big Question

So I went back to Dayton for the holidays. After 19 glorious days of staying with parents, everyone has the same question: how much weight did you gain?

A fine question indeed. Exactly how much eating can one person do over the holidays? The answer, as it turns out, is a lot. I weighed myself after getting home from the airport. Flying, and the Mexican Beach Salad I ate at Jerry's Deli, added slightly to my total of... 16 pounds! Holy crap! I left LA weighing 230, returned at 246. If I was an actor I would have gotten the part of the fatter me.

The next morning, I had settled to a nice, round 242. Today after spinning, 239. The holiday weight comes off fast but still... Wow.

Anyway, I was rheuminating on some of the food that led me to my caloric predicament. The sliders with onion rings and fries at the Fox and Hound? Couldn't have helped. The Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia shakes? If one wasn't good for me then numbers two and three sure weren't either. The Coney dogs I got at Skyline Chili on the way home from a lunch of Chinese food? Pure folly in any estimation.

It'll take about 2 weeks to get back to 230. And then another month or so to get to 220. Maybe I'll go down further after that. Dunno.

Today I ate frozen dinners that totalled less than 500 calories and a salmon kabob.

Man, I miss Dayton.

3 Comments:

  • So none of the home-cooked meals had an effect on the weight gain!! how nice!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:04 PM  

  • Wow so you list 3 pounds spinning... Cool!

    More importantly how much thread did you make? Can you spin gold yet or is Mr. R. Stilskin charging too much for the second phase of his weightloss and get rich seminar series?

    By Blogger Puttin, at 1:24 PM  

  • Aha... Now I understand. Thanks Wikipedia!

    Indoor cycling is a form of exercise that involves using a stationary exercise bicycle in a classroom setting. The concept was created in the 1980s by ultra-endurance athlete Jonathan Goldberg ("Johnny G."). Participants set goals based on their heart rate, which can be measured by hand or using a heart rate monitor.

    Several competing programs exist, including "Spinning," administered by Mad Dogg Athletics, "Studio cycling," operated by Reebok, and "Power pacing," from Keiser.

    By Blogger Puttin, at 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home